We have served the Australian public by providing a Friday FOOD PARCEL SERVICE from our centre in Seven Hills Sydney.
– click here for Community Care Web Site –
HOPE OUTREACH – FOOD PARCEL SERVICE
An authorised agency for Foodbank NSW, we distribute weekly food parcels in a relaxed family friendly environment around a sausage sizzle and refreshments. This service has been provided to local recipients of Centrelink benefits since 2009.
To provide a safe and accessible service which marginalised and disadvantaged refugee families can utilise for support, encouragement and community linkage.
- Weekly food parcels (incl. varying additional items for families with children under 5 years of age including nappies, wipes, formula and baby food.)
- EAPA (electricity and gas) vouches
- Translation service through TIS National
- Responsive advocacy (assessed on an individual basis) including liaising with schools, energy providers and case workers
- “Mummy and me” language skills lessons (in active development)
- Courtesy bus to take clients and their food parcels home
- Morning tea and engagement with volunteers (community linkage)
- Annual school supplies packs tailored to primary/high school needs
Healing prayer is also offered through the Healing Rooms ministry every 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month from 7-8.30pm.